Friday 19 June 2015

Cara Delevingne Opens Up About Dating St. Vincent and Dealing With Depression

Cara Delevingne Opens Up About Dating St. Vincent and Dealing With Depression

A lot of celebrities (we're lookin' at you, Emma Stone) try in vein to keep their personal lives private; Cara Delevingne[1] is not one of those celebrities. It's not that she's an oversharer, exactly. But by fully embracing social media—with behind-the-scenes snaps, genuinely funny memes, and lots and lots of silly selfies—she puts herself out there in a completely candid way that most famous people don't. She also does the impossible and makes herself seem 100% relatable, despite the fact that she's a supermodel with legs taller than many humans.

That said, there are some things Cara doesn't talk about a whole lot, and her love life is one of them. Her rumored girlfriend St. Vincent has made a few casual cameos on Cara's Instagram, but until now, she's kept things pretty coy.

In Vogue's July cover story, she opened up about her relationship, saying: "I think that being in love with my girlfriend is a big part of why I'm feeling so happy with who I am these days. And for those words to come out of my mouth is actually a miracle."

She talked more about her sexual orientation, revealing that it was something she had a though time coming to terms with when she was younger. "It took me a long time to accept the idea, until I first fell in love with a girl at 20 and recognized that I had to accept it," she said. "The thing is if I ever found a guy I could fall in love with, I'd want to marry him and have his children. And that scares me to death because I think I'm a whole bunch of crazy, and I always worry that a guy will walk away once he really, truly knows me."

Cara went on to talk about how she's dealt with pretty serious mental health issues for much of her life, something she's never discussed publicly before. "All of a sudden I was hit with a massive wave of depression and anxiety and self-hatred, where the feelings were so painful that I would slam my head against a tree to try to knock myself out. I never cut, but I'd scratch myself to the point of bleeding. I just wanted to dematerialize and have someone sweep me away."

In a characteristically Cara move, she revealed that Outkast's "SpottieOttieDopaliscious" is part of what saved her from hitting rock bottom. (St. Vincent, John Green, and therapy went a long way, too.)

Just when we thought it wasn't physically possible to love her more, she goes and gives us the most inspiring interview of her life[2]—and this hysterically awesome video. To reiterate Vogue, this girl's the real deal.

Related:
Watch Cara Delevingne and Nat Wolff Fall in Love in the First 'Paper Towns' Trailer
Justin Bieber and Cara Delevingne Just Broke the Only Rule of the Met Gala
Cara Delevingne Talks Her Breakout Role in 'Paper Towns', from On-Screen Makeouts to Cast Antics[3][4][5]

Source : http://www.teenvogue.com/entertainment/2015-06/cara-delevingne-st-vincent-vogue-interview
If you want to unsubscribe Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment